I wanted to bring to your attention a funding scheme – Tesco Bags of Help that will help fund projects focussed on developing outdoor spaces or encouraging the use of outdoor spaces.
The funding can cover capital or revenue projects for Community Groups/Organisations, Schools, Friends of Parks, NHS Trusts & the Local Authority. For example (not an exhaustive list):
• Developing nature trail in a local park or nature reserve
• Purchasing bee hives and seeding wildflower meadow on a community allotment
• Providing forest school sessions in a primary school for 12 months
• Developing a garden in a hospice, purchasing plants, benches and pergola
• Supporting artist in residence to work with the community to develop an art trail
• Setting up a growing project for sheltered accommodation residents
• Supporting a gardening project which helps local isolated residents form a gardening club
• Supporting practical training for young people learning horticultural skills
• Funding a series of summer events in a local park
• Supporting community run summer sports and leisure activities in parks.
• Helping Friends of Groups, purchasing plants, planters, forks, spades and compost.
• Developing a community garden or orchard
• Supporting local football club with the purchase of nets, balls and coaching sessions for under 12’s
At present we are undersubscribed in the Bromley region and so we are encouraging community groups and organisations to access the funding. I would be very grateful if you’re able to highlight the funding to groups or organisations you know or work with that might be interested in applying. Please do feel free to put them in touch with myself via email or the below contacts details.
The application form is fairly straight forward and guidance notes, eligibility checker and application can all be found online here:
Bags of Help is a rolling funding programme so applications can be made at any time. However, if applications are submitted before Monday 9th January 2017 there is an increased chance of going to the public vote in February 2017.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions or queries about the funding and wishing you happy holidays and a New Year!
Tel: 020 7922 1230
18 – 21 Morley Street, London, SE1 7QZ
Follow us on Twitter @GroundworkLON
Find us on Facebook www.facebook.com/groundworklondon