The Mottingham Residents Association was formed in 1932 as the “Mottingham Residents and Ratepayers’ Association”; a first meeting attracting 30 residents took place in the old wooden hall at the rear of the “Prince of Wales” public house. Here Jim Fuller, Mr Thomas Ramsbottom (“Mr Mottingham”) and Mr Reginald Pike explained their purpose, which was to improve life in the village, campaigning for street lighting and improved bus services whilst aiming to conserve the rural charm of the area.
Mottingham Residents Association is still a key campaigner to protect the interests of Mottingham’s Residents and promotes its activities through the “Mottingham News” magazine. Councillors for the Mottingham and Chislehurst North Ward (Bromley) and those for Coldharbour and New Eltham Ward (Greenwich) attend committee meetings and contribute.
Committee meetings are held every two months in the Chris Mumbray Hall, and the Annual General Meeting is held in April in the Main Church Hall, both behind St.Andrews Church, 233 Court Road.
If you would like to add content to our website, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
All comments and additions to the site will be moderated before broadcasting.